Cooking Time 45 minutes
ALSO GREAT WITH
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C fan-forced.
2. Peel your Royal Blue potatoes and slice into two to three even-sized pieces.
3. To ensure fluffy roast potatoes, parboil your spuds in a pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Drain the potatoes then return to the empty pot over medium heat and steam off all the water.
5. They may start to stick but just shake to dislodge them from the bottom.
6. Ensuring your Royal Blue potatoes are dry will assist with the fat sticking to the skin and any scuffs will help create the gorgeous crispy bits when roasted.
7. Place your butter and oil in a large roasting tray.
8. Tip in the potatoes, add a generous teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper, then toss to coat, and spread out in one even layer but with space between them.
9. Chop the garlic knob through the centre and tuck into the tray.
10. Roast for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp and golden all over.
11. Meanwhile, melt 50g butter in a pan and add your sage. Cook butter until it turns a lovely brown colour.
12. Pour sage butter over your warm spuds and season.
TIP: Make it vegan by switching butter for olive oil.