- Grease a standard loaf tin with oil.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Process the mashed potatoes and eggs in a food processor until smooth and combined.
- Add water and oil and pulse until combined with the potato and eggs.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well until you get a rough sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared loaf tin and use a wet spatula to smooth out the top.
- Cover the tin with a kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free place for 40 to 50 minutes, until it has roughly doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and place the rack in the center position. If you have a steam oven add medium steam to the cook. A little trick is to spray the loaf with water prior to cooking for a lovely brown crust.
- Bake for 1 hour until the top of the bread is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing and placing it on a wire rack to cool before slicing.
This bread makes a wonderful blank canvas for flavouring. Either top it with your favourite sandwich ingredients or stir through some extra flavour prior to baking. Why not try:
- Cheese and bacon scattered across the top prior to cooking
- Pesto and toasted walnut
- Chopped herbs and parmesan