Cooking Time 1 hour
ALSO GREAT WITH
1. Mix together the flour, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir the oil into 140 ml of warm water, then stir the liquid into the dry ingredients.
2. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
3. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise for 1–2 hours, until doubled in size.
4. Meanwhile, make the toppings. Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions over a low heat for 15 minutes or until well softened. Add the sugar, vinegar and a big pinch of salt and continue to cook for a few minutes until nicely browned and sticky. Leave to cool.
5. Blanch the potato slices in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain well. Toss with the remaining tablespoon of oil and set aside to cool.
6. Preheat the oven to 240°C (220° fan) | 475F | gas 9 and grease a large baking tray.
7. Knead the dough for 2 more minutes then roll it out into a circle. Transfer the base to the baking tray and spread with the caramelised onions. Arrange the mozzarella on top, followed by the potatoes and finish with a sprinkle of pecorino. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes or until the base has cooked through underneath and the potatoes are golden brown and crisp on top. Serve immediately.